Tel. : (0030) 210-962-9724
Cell: (0030) 693-732-8886
Cultural Arts Director/Professional Concert Pianist/Online Music Teacher
Developing and evaluating cultural policies/programs of a firm
whilst collaborating with a variety of artists for recitals and
POSITION Full-time employment
AVAILABILITY September 2013
EXPERIENCE April 2012-Present I.O.N.I.A
(Municipality of VOULA)
Cultural Arts Director
• Selected, planned and implemented cultural arts events, physical activities and special interest activities.
• Handled public queries regarding the cultural events program.
• Prepared brochures, calendars, letters and flyers for cultural events programs.
• Coordinated music programs
• Assisted in the scheduling of activities at the Community Center.
• Promoted interest and provided information regarding cultural programs to school officials, other cultural officials, community service groups, other City departments and the general public.
• Presentation of the musical “Notes” at the KOSTAS PREKAS THEATER (February 2006-March 2006)
• Presentation of the YOUNG ARTISTS at the NIKOS DAFNIS THEATER (June 2011)
• Presentation of the AMBER-LINK ENSEMBLE Chamber Music Group at the I.O.N.I.A Cultural Center for Events(April 2012)
• Presentation of the AMBER-LINK ENSEMBLE Chamber Music Group at the MELINA MERCOURI Cultural Center for Events(May 2012)
• Presentation of the YOUTH TALENT SHOW at the KAROLOS KOUN Cultural Center for Events(December 2012)
• Presentation of the AMBER-LINK ENSEMBLE Chamber Music Group at the I.O.N.I.A Cultural Center for Events(February 2013)
• Presentation of the AMBER-LINK ENSEMBLE Chamber Music Group at the PIREAUS ART GALLERY(March 2013)
• Presentation of the YOUTH TALENT SHOW at the PIREAUS ART GALLERY(May 2013)
September 1991-June 1993? Southeastern College
Taught History of Music, Theory of Music (basic and
advanced) and Music Appreciation courses (to university students
18-21 yrs) as an elective requirement for a Bachelor of Arts
September 1988- June 2003 VOULA Conservatory
September 1988-June 1992 National Conservatory
September 2003-June 2009 National Conservatory
October 2009-Present “MUSIC EDUCATION” Conservatory
Responsibilities included the preparation of students for National
examinations (ranging from ten-minute recitals to two-hour piano
• 100% success rate in Greek National Music examinations
• Graduates accepted into the Royal Music School of Kent.
• Graduates accepted into “MUSIC PUBLISHING” Greece.
RECITALS AND United States:
ORCHESTRAL University of Massachusetts Concert Hall, Florida College of Fine
CONCERTS Arts, Little Carnegie of the South, Albany Symphony Concert
(1996-Present) Hall, Wesleyan College Concert Hall.
Athens College Concert Hall, Goethe Institute Concert Hall,
ESTIA Concert Hall, PIERIDES ART EXHIBITION CENTER,
VEAKION THEATER, Southeastern College Concert Hall.
(for two pianos) Bach, Mozart, Brahms, Schubert, Czerny, Ravel, De Falla,
INCLUDES Debussy and Saint-Saens.
Gershwin, Shostakovich, Millaud, Chabrier, Lecuona, Constantinides and P. Koukos.
ACADEMIC 1996 ATHINAIKON Conservatory
Fugue Degree (Advanced Theoretical Studies)
1992 ATHINAIKON Conservatory
Counterpoint Degree (Advanced Theoretical Studies)
1989 NATIONAL Conservatory
1988 NATIONAL Conservatory
Theoretical Studies Degree
• Diploma in music
• Excellent leadership and team-building skills, a keen sense of responsibility, sound judgement, tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff as well as clients and colleagues.
• Sound working knowledge of applicable policies and procedures, as well as pertinent collective agreements for the direction of main business processes of the center.
• Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing ability and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
• Flexibility to learn and to adapt to new techniques.
• Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in professional standards of ‘cultural arts director’ practices, reports, documents and correspondence.
• Knowledge of Section programs and business needs.
ADDITIONAL JULLIARD SCHOOL OF MUSIC
INFORMATION Stage preparation
Vinia Tsopela (1991-1995)
Director of Amber-Link productions which promotes teenage (12-25 years) musicals. The Youth-Art center of Amber-Link productions provides a 4-6 month academic program of scheduled instruction-music, acting, dance and technical preparation-by professional artists- and includes a selected number of performances.